Reflexology Off the Map with Tina Bystrom, NBCR, LMT
Time & Location
About the Event
Reflexology Off the Map
with Tina Bystrom, NBCR, LMT
Friday May 31, 2019 • 9:30 am to 5:30 pm and
Saturday June 1, 2019 • 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Kenmore Community Center, Kenmore, WA
12 CEUs - Limited to 24 students!
Cost: WRA Members: $275
Pay by check by sending payment to : Washington Reflexology Association, PO Box 27, Bothell, WA 98041
Or by paypal (credit card) by using the below links. An $8 convience fee has been added for online payments.
Reflexology Off the Map is designed for certified reflexologists and massage therapists wishing to deepen their sense of reflexive touch and expand their awareness of the reflexive body “beyond the map”, as well as gain a better understanding of the ubiquitous “shoe-modified” foot, and how to effectively approach these modifications from reflexive, holistic, and restorative perspectives.
Grounded in their current reflexology experience and existing knowledge of anatomy and physiology, students will learn to hone their sense of “where they are” on each unique reflexive body, and to distinguish the nuanced reflexes of individual clients, using focused touch and curious attention. Students will practice listening to and “following” the information they receive from their client’s feet, both locally and reflexively.
As there is often a more subtle aspect to holistic well-being, we will also explore the roles of empathy and intuition in relating to and working with clients, and students will be guided and encouraged to follow any feelings of intuition or gut instinct they may have, or wish to develop, as an aspect of a deeper practice and a new level of expertise.
Finally, students will gain a clearer understanding of the effects of shoe-modified feet on the reflexes of the musculoskeletal system (and vice versa), and become more comfortable and proficient working with the structures of the foot and ankle. We will practice dynamic techniques to increase tissue elasticity and general mobility for the entire body through the reflexes in the feet, with a focus on maximum foot and ankle range of motion, pain relief, and a more natural foot function.
• Why different reflexology maps can successfully coexist
• How to navigate the many anatomical variations in the human body
• Different ways we receive information through touch, both physical and subtle
• Techniques to actively increase your sense of focused touch and curious attention
• The role of empathy and intuition in bodywork
• How to interpret client cues and allow them to inform our work
• The benefits of remaining within your client’s pain tolerance and comfort zones
• The importance of movement within our sessions, for both client and practitioner, with technique demonstrations tailored for each student
• How shoes modify our feet, what we can do about it, and how we can educate others
• Techniques for working with the structures of the foot and ankle for local and reflexive balance
If cancellation is made:
- more than 14 days before class will entitle you to a full refund.
- 8-14 days before class will be subject to a $50 fee. The remaining payment will be refunded to you.
- 2-7 days before class will be subject to a $100 fee. The remaining payment will be refunded to you.
- less than 24 hours notice or failure to attend class you will forfeit the entire class fee.
- WRA Member ($275 + $8 fee)$283$2830$0
- Non-Member ($295 + $8 fee)$303$3030$0
- I will mail a check to POBox27$0$00$0